Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Summer

This summer was great. I really hate to see it come to an end as I head back to work. We all had so much fun and I really enjoyed my time at home with my girls. We did lots of things this summer. It included two beach trips. The first trip was to Myrtle Beach (thanks Martha & Bud). It was great...........the girls enjoyed hanging out with their cousin, playing in the sand, dancing on the boardwalk, and visiting the aquarium.



Our second beach trip was to Harker's Island/Cape Lookout (thanks John & Lynda). This was also a great time. Although it was shorter than the last beach trip, the girls got to do things they had never done before. They got to go on a boat ride and Cameron caught her first fish. They were so cute in their lifejackets. Especially Chloe, she could barely walk in hers. Everytime she would fall down in the boat, she couldn't get up on her own. Sadly to say, I have no pictures of the two of them on the boat................I think we were just so busy making sure Chloe wasn't going over board or going to throw anything over board, that we just forgot. However, we did dock the boat on the beach at the rock jetty on Davis Island and let them play in the sand. They loved it and so did Maggie. It was beautiful out there..............we would have stayed out there longer, but the girls, including "pasty white" me we getting sunburned.

No comments: